WP Robot Support Forum

WP Robot Support Forum » WP Shopping Pages Support

Cloaking works on pages not on Posts

(8 posts)
  1. rcktech

Hi Guys,

I just installed wp shopping, I have to say LOVE IT. I am still experimenting so I created pages and created posts, the cloaking in the pages work on all the links including, the top link list, the pictures linked to amazon and the buy from amazon, on the other hand the in the post the cloaking only works on the link list on the top.

Here are the links for both page and post:

(page) http://www.blueprintbids.com/tools-of-the-trade-power-tools/

(post) http://www.blueprintbids.com/tools-of-the-trade-architecture-tools/

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Robert

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. lunatic
    Key Master

WP Shopping Pages only applies its cloaking to pages since that is all it can create. YOu can use WP Robot to cloak posts, even the free version is enough to do that.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. rcktech

Lunatic,

Thank you so much for your prompt respond!

You said:"WP Shopping Pages only applies its cloaking to pages since that is all it can create" ???

But Wp Shopping does have an option to create posts, that's how I created the post mentioned in my question. I am wondering if you are referring to the same thing.

Also, when I insert the WP Robot Link Cloaking in the .htaccess file do I insert it before the WP Shopping Pages Link Cloaking or after? And once I do that, I can create posts in wp Shopping page normal and it will be cloaked.

Thank you,
    Robert

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. lunatic
    Key Master

Sorry you are right, the ability to add posts was added later but the cloaking was not changed to ensure compatibility with WP RObot since they are often used together.

The order of the cloaking codes does not matter, they just both need to be above the Wordpress codes in the htaccess file. And yes, once you do affiliate links in all posts will be cloaked too.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. rcktech

Lunatic,

Thank you for the info, I just downloaded he wp robot basic but it keep asking me for my "Paypal email you bought WP Robot" I am installing the free version, and it wont install without inserting the email address.

thank you

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. rcktech

I used demo, it installed fine and the cloaking is working now, even for the existing posts. thank you so much.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. rcktech

One more thing,

I just added a post for commission junction products, I take it commission Junction posts does not get cloaked???

here is the link

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. lunatic
    Key Master

No CJ posts do not get cloaked at the moment. It might get added in the future but CJ has its own way to obscure the links anyways.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.