WP Robot Support Forum

WP Robot Support Forum » Update Information

30.11.09 - WP Robot Update to 2.00

(11 posts)

Tags:

1. lunatic
    Key Master

I am happy to announce that WP Robot 2.0 with many cool new features has just been released. Please read the instructions below and then download the update here: http://wprobot.net/robotpal/sendnew.php

Instructions:
    - For the Update to work you have to update all your WP Robot files!
    - Please be sure to use the "Populate new Options" button after overwriting your files. The button is on the bottom right of the options screen.
    - Deactivating the plugin before updating is not necessary. Simply overwrite the files.

Changes:

See here for a general description of some new features.

- New option to randomize post times
    - New link cloaking option for affiliate links (setup instructions)
    - New keyword list design
    - New backdating and scheduling feature for "bulk posting"
    - New options to strip links from Yahoo Answers questions and comments, Youtube comments
    - MIX feature: use {auction:x} (x being a number) to include several auctions
    - MIX feature: use {image:keyword} to insert images for keyword
    - Added support for RSS module
    - Added support for Yahoo News modules
    - Added support for Amazon BrowseNodes
    - Fixes a bug preventing the "Bulk Add" from adding categories correctly
    - Fixes a bug causing the Flickr module to post empty images if none have been found
    - Fixes a bug with the duplicate post detection
    - Fixes a bug preventing the {keyword} tag from working for eBay titles
    - Several other bugfixes

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. bradmca

Great to have all these new features in this release, thanks:), would also be nice for us Elite package purchasers to get the two new modules included I think :)

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. wow sounds grrreat, all competitors look out! ;)
    an early christmas present to me!!

two new modules what is those?

regards

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. lunatic
    Key Master

The RSS and Yahoo News module. ;)

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Awesome news.

Also I think that it would be great if the two new modules were included in the elite version.

As it stands to update to these two it is actually more expensive than buying the elite version new.

Anyway it's great news and means I can get a refund on my WP Mage system.

Congratulations on an ever improving product!

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. patrickmktg

When I check the link cloaking option I get the following at the top of the option page:

"Link cloaking has been enabled but additional steps are required to set it up!
    Please follow the instructions in this post. Otherwise your affiliate links will not work!"

I did follow the instructions and updated the htaccess file. However that warning is still there. Is it always there or was it supposed to dissappear after properly updating the htaccess file?

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. lunatic
    Key Master

patrickmktg, you're right, seems like the message will show up everytime when saving options. As long as you did the setup don't worry about it. I'll remove it with the next update.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Stoush

I agree the new updates are great. And although I have the elite version, and love freebies, I don't think we should expect the new modules for free - we're already getting free updates that add so much value over what we originally paid for. Its only fair that we pay extra for totally new functions.

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. Stoush

Forgot to say, the one thing I'd like is to be able to download all of my updates from one page, instead of doing the drop-down thang multiple times.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. I am having a problem saving any alterations on the WP Robot admin page. I get an error msg 'Keyword could not be updated' and 'You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page'. How do I resolve this?

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. lunatic
    Key Master

@Stoush: The dropdown is already gone. ;)

@edekin: Are you logged into your blog as admin?

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.