Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_lvl($output) in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/classes.php on line 1170

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_lvl() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_lvl($output) in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/classes.php on line 1170

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::start_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::start_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/classes.php on line 1170

Strict Standards: Declaration of BB_Walker_Blank::end_el() should be compatible with BB_Walker::end_el($output) in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/classes.php on line 1170

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class bbdb in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/db-mysql.php on line 12
New Translate Tag « WP Robot Support Forum

WP Robot Support Forum

Forum Closed

Please note the support forum has been closed and all support for WP Robot is handled via email now as we have found this to be more effective. The forum will remain online to allow access to old answers.

Please use the contact form here to get in touch regarding any questions or problems you might have.

WP Robot Support Forum » WP Robot Support

New Translate Tag

(48 posts)

Tags:

1. lunatic
    Key Master

WP Robot 3.1 has introduced a new tag which can be used for translation of specific post elements in all module templates.

The reason: By default WP Robot translates full posts, however like that Google Translate often screws up HTML tags which leads to badly formatted posts or broken templates.

With the new tag you can specify to only translate few, important elements of posts (i.e. the main post text) and keep the code-heavy parts of the posts intact (i.e. images or videos).

Tag format:
    [translate:lang1|lang2|lang3]Content to translate[/translate]

- the languages have to be entered in two-letter ISO-codes (en, de, ...)
    - You don't have to enter all the languages, i.e. [translate:lang1|lang2] is ok, too.
    - lang1 is the starting language from which should be translated (en usually)

Example:
    [translate:en|de|en]Content to translate[/translate]

How to use the tag:
    1. Go to your WP Robot "Templates" screen
    2. Place the following in any of the Module Templates, around the tag(s)/content you want to translate.
    [translate:en|de|en]{tag}[/translate]

Best tags to translate:
    Usually the best tags will be the {description} or {content} tags, as they contain the most text and least amount of HTML code.

I.e. for the Amazon Module you could use:
    [translate:en|de|en]{description}[/translate]

Please note this new feature has not been extensively tested and could be considered to be in beta - it has found to be working without problems though.

Posted 7 years ago #

2. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 440

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 510

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 512
    superman

Hey lunatic
    why not have this do it automaticly as in programmed in ?

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. lunatic
    Key Master

Because not everyone wants to translate the content.

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. allhack

I try it,but the "[translate:en|de|en]"echo in the post,it's not translate.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. allhack

My post:
    Best answer:
    [translate:en|de|en]
    Answer by musicluv
    Google is just a site that shows you stuff thats on the web. I don’t think you
    [/translate]

why?

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. allhack

Add it in Module Templates? or Post Templates?

Posted 7 years ago #

7. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 440

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 510

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 512
    superman

lunatic then have it as a option like box to check ...

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. lunatic
    Key Master

allhack, it has to be placed in module templates. If it still does not work please post your complete template here.

Posted 7 years ago #

9. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 440

superman

Well what if you created a a different translater or use one other then google ?

Babel Fish, Promt, or http://www.microsofttranslator.com/ this one did not mess up HTML code :)

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. lunatic
    Key Master

Babelfish was actually in there but returned worse results. I will have a look at the microsoft one.

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. mcunsal

Hi
    I want to take www.shop.com feeds and translate the content to Turkish
    I coulsnt do it
    the feed adress is
    http://www.shop.com/top_100_cameras-rss.xhtml
    there is picture before the description
    I tried to take the feeds by "RSS Campaign"
    and I modify the rss module template
    as

[translate:en|tr]{title}[/translate]
    [translate:en|tr]{content}[/translate]
    and There is some wrong
    it is not translate

Where is the wrong
    Please help me
    Thanks

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. lunatic
    Key Master

For this kind of translation you should not use this tag but the setting you find on the "create campaign" screen. It is better suited than the translate tag, which is mostly for rewriting content.

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. mcunsal

but When I tried normal translation module
    the pictures is not appearing correctly

the translation module is translating the source code of the picture

How can I solve the problem ?

Thanks...

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. mcunsal

noe I am using the free version 3.11 of your software
    I have used the tag on the browsenodes

my template is
    <h3>{title}</h3>
    {thumbnail}
    {features}
    [translate:en|tr]{description}[/translate]
    [has_reviews]
    <p>
    Rating: {rating} (out of {reviewsnum} reviews)
    </p>
    [/has_reviews]

<p>
    <div style="float:right;">{buynow-big}</div>
    [has_listprice]
    List Price: {listprice}
    [/has_listprice]
    Price: {price}
    </p>
    but it is not worked, it is not translated
    also the description is starting and ending as below
    ********* (an example of description section)
    [translate:en|tr]Above All Co. The Forearm Forklift moving straps were....... .......mechanics.[/translate]

is there any wrong with the tag?

Posted 7 years ago #
  15. lunatic
    Key Master

Please try changing it in the template to
    [translate:en|tr] {description} [/translate]

Posted 7 years ago #
  16. mcunsal

Hi
    I have changed the template as you said

but there is no change
    it still doesnt translate the content

can you suggest me anything ?

Posted 7 years ago #
  17. lunatic
    Key Master

I will have to test that myself then and report back. Did you try different languages to see if that works?

Posted 7 years ago #
  18. lunatic
    Key Master

Just tested it and working fine for me like this: [translate:en|tr] {description} [/translate]

Do you have the latest WP RObot version installed?

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. mcunsal

hi thanks, now I can translate the descriptions
    here is no problem with "descriptions" and translate tag on amazon module
    but when I use the translation tag with "features" the translation tag is handling the HTML tags

indeed I want to translate all the content, so the main problem is google translator handling all the HTML ( the post format and images is changin)

will you work about it? when can you solve the problem?
    translation is most important part for me and for most of the people in here?

Thanks..
    Regards...

Posted 7 years ago #

20. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w00b72dc/forum/bb-includes/kses.php on line 440

chovy

works, except when there is no content....I get the translate tags instead.

Posted 7 years ago #
  21. lunatic
    Key Master

Yes, I'll fix that with the next update chovy.

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. svakanda

Lunatic? If we use these tags for rewriting content, we should UNCHECK the translate checkbox in the settings correct?

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. lunatic
    Key Master

You dont need to uncheck anything in the settings (Options screen) to use this but you should disable translation in your "edit campaigns" screen.

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. wpnew

FYI: Just found this thread. Thanks, Lunatic. Question answered! The tags work like a charm. Was having a hell of a time prior to finding this thread with my YouTube videos.

BTW, any suggestions on how to translate the titles as well using this method?

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. lunatic
    Key Master

Thats not possible currently unfortunatelly but I am looking into adding the tag to the title field of post templates with the next update.

Posted 7 years ago #
  26. Chrisy

it works with amazon {description}

but it doesnt work with amazon reviews template

<i>Review by {author} for {link} </i>
    <b>Rating: {rating}</b> [translate:en|fr|it|en]{content}[/translate]

reviews content cant be translated

Posted 7 years ago #
  27. lunatic
    Key Master

You are right, that is still missing - I'll try to add it with the next update.

Posted 7 years ago #
  28. Chrisy

lunatic when will be the next update and add tag to reviews? coz after google translation changed , amazon cant work with translation, all my websites paused , and so im waitting now.

Posted 7 years ago #
  29. lunatic
    Key Master

Chrisy you mean when the translation tag is added to work with Amazon reviews?

Posted 7 years ago #
  30. Chrisy

yes when the translation tag is added to work with Amazon reviews.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.