WP Robot Support Forum

WP Robot Support Forum » WP Robot Support

Cloaking Problem, Post Now Problem

(8 posts)
  1. I have two immediate problems and one question...

1. When I tried to turn on cloaking, made chane to .htaccess and switched on cloaking.... but when I click on any of the cloaked links I get sent to a 404 page instead of the proper amazon page. For the moment I turned off cloaking but left the .htaccess in its modified form. How can I get cloaking to work for me.

2. When I go into the WProbot plugin and try to POST NOW I get an error screen that says "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." and it does not post a new post. Any idea what this means and how I can fix it.

Finally, a question. Is there any way to have the links shown in the amazon posts and other posts created by wprobot open in a new tab or window so that the viewer does not permanently leave our site.

Thanks for the help

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. lunatic
    Key Master

1. What did the URLs of the links say when link cloaking was enabled? A example would be good. Did you remember to move the .htaccess code to the top of the file?

2. Did you rename your "WPRobot" plugin folder, for example to "wprobot" (lowercaase)? That is the only reason I have ever seen for such an error.

I plan to add an option to open all links in new windows with the next update.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Ok, what I notice is that when I uploaded the WPRobot plugin in a zip format via wp, it actually did not put it into a folder at all, just directly into the plugins directory. So, I now created a WPRobot folder inside the plugins folder and copied all wprobot files into that plugins/WPRobot folder.... Now when I try to click on the WPRobot or Options menu item I get the "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" on both of those and cannot get into WPRobot at all....

So can't give you a sample of the cloaked link until I can get back into it. Any suggestions?????

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Ok, got it back working aging... WP had disabled it when I moved it around. Now WPRobot works.... NOW, on to the cloaking problem

Here is the "more" link on an amazon post
    http://www.digitalvideorecorderinfo.com/go/More_/62/2

Here is the product description link for that same post
    http://www.digitalvideorecorderinfo.com/go/TiVo_TCD649080_Series_2_80_Hour_Dual_Tuner_Digital_Video_Recorder/62/3

Both go to the 404 page instead of the amazon page...

Thanks for your help

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Oh yeah, here is the regular link without cloaking turned on which does go to the amazon page

http://www.amazon.com/TiVo-TCD649080-80-Hour-Digital-Recorder/dp/B000ER5G58%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAID7Y6CGRGOODBU3Q%26tag%3Djvtimes-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB000ER5G58

The upcoming addition of the open in new window will be a GREAT addition.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. lunatic
    Key Master

The cloaked links are redirecting to a wrong url at the moment. If you look at the path of the 404 page you see:

http://www.digitalvideorecorderinfo.com/wp-content/plugins/plugins/cloak.php?post_id=62&link_num=3&cloaked_url=go/TiVo_TCD649080_Series_2_80_Hour_Dual_Tuner_Digital_Video_Recorder/62/3

If you change the bold part in your browser to "WPRobot" (which is the correct path) you will note the link now works.

I guess this is because the file path was incorrect before. Please try updating your .htaccess again and see if that helps.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. Got it! Thanks....

Some features that would be great... (I don't think they are in there yet)

1. On imported articles, allow us to indicate the number of characters to show on page one before inserting a "more" tag
    2. Allow us to select for links to open in a new window
    3. Show a "more" tag after the Yahoo Answers questions so viewer knows to click to see the answers
    4. Seems to mess up the links in the author boxes of the articles (I think), still playing with that to figure out what is happening
    5. A nice but not required feature might be to have a ONE TIME import button for any of the sources, but I do realize that can be done easy enough by setting up a source, pressing get now, then deleting it
    6. Maybe some options for inserting ad units inside the imported articles (maybe that can be done easy enough by placing some code in the template or something, but haven't figured that out yet...

Good plugin. Thanks for your help

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. lunatic
    Key Master

Thanks for the suggestions. 3. you can already do by placing a link inside the template.

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.