WP Robot Support Forum

Forum Closed

Please note the support forum has been closed and all support for WP Robot is handled via email now as we have found this to be more effective. The forum will remain online to allow access to old answers.

Please use the contact form here to get in touch regarding any questions or problems you might have.

WP Robot Support Forum » WP Robot Support

Cloaking Warning and Fatal Error - Help!

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Rochelle
  • Latest reply from Rochelle

1. Rochelle

I have followed the steps for affiliate cloaking via WPRobot, but when I clicked on a link to test it, I got the following messages:

"Warning: require_once(../../../wp-config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../../wp-config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php on line 2"

I have checked and double checked that I have done the following:

- Have affiliate cloaking checked within the WPRobot options
    - All Amazon affiliate information has been added, and there are no extra spaces or characters
    - Updated my permalinks
    - Moved the cloaking code to the top of .htaccess.
    - Verified that all files to the plugin are uploaded to my site

What am I missing and how do I fix this?

Also, will all previously posted affiliate links work after I fix this, or are will they remain broken?

Thank you,

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. lunatic
    Key Master

Please make sure that this file exists on your server: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php Sounds like this file missing is the reason for this error.

Previously posted aff. links will be cloaked and work as well.

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Rochelle

Yes, the cloak.php file is where it should be.

Here's something new about this matter: I created a new site yesterday. I used only the Amazon module, and turned on the cloaking. I tested the links it created, and all worked well.

Then, I checked it again a few hours later, and this site, too, was not displaying the above errors when I clicked on the cloaked Amazon links.

So, it first worked, then, later, it didn't.

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Rochelle

Please help. As of right now, I am unable to cloak my affiliate links, and I don't like leaving them uncloaked.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. lunatic
    Key Master

From looking at the error again I think I missunderstood it at first: The problem seems to be that the script can't open the wp-config.php file.

Is this file in your blog's root folder, /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/?

If yes please try editing the 2nd line of cloak.php file from

to see if that helps.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. Rochelle

Ah! That makes sense. I've been moving my wp-config.php file up one level to make my site more secure. That also explains why the cloaking initially works, then later doesn't. I test the cloaking prior to moving wp-config.php.

Thank you!

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.