WP Robot Support Forum

WP Robot Support Forum » WP Robot Support

Cloaking Warning and Fatal Error - Help!

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Rochelle
  • Latest reply from Rochelle

Tags:

1. Rochelle

I have followed the steps for affiliate cloaking via WPRobot, but when I clicked on a link to test it, I got the following messages:

"Warning: require_once(../../../wp-config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../../wp-config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php on line 2"

I have checked and double checked that I have done the following:

- Have affiliate cloaking checked within the WPRobot options
    - All Amazon affiliate information has been added, and there are no extra spaces or characters
    - Updated my permalinks
    - Moved the cloaking code to the top of .htaccess.
    - Verified that all files to the plugin are uploaded to my site

What am I missing and how do I fix this?

Also, will all previously posted affiliate links work after I fix this, or are will they remain broken?

Thank you,
    Rochelle

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. lunatic
    Key Master

Please make sure that this file exists on your server: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php Sounds like this file missing is the reason for this error.

Previously posted aff. links will be cloaked and work as well.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Rochelle

Yes, the cloak.php file is where it should be.

Here's something new about this matter: I created a new site yesterday. I used only the Amazon module, and turned on the cloaking. I tested the links it created, and all worked well.

Then, I checked it again a few hours later, and this site, too, was not displaying the above errors when I clicked on the cloaked Amazon links.

So, it first worked, then, later, it didn't.

Rochelle

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Rochelle

Please help. As of right now, I am unable to cloak my affiliate links, and I don't like leaving them uncloaked.

Rochelle

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. lunatic
    Key Master

From looking at the error again I think I missunderstood it at first: The problem seems to be that the script can't open the wp-config.php file.

Is this file in your blog's root folder, /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/?

If yes please try editing the 2nd line of cloak.php file from
    require_once("../../../wp-config.php");

to

require_once("http://yourdomain.com/wp-config.php");

to see if that helps.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. Rochelle

Ah! That makes sense. I've been moving my wp-config.php file up one level to make my site more secure. That also explains why the cloaking initially works, then later doesn't. I test the cloaking prior to moving wp-config.php.

Thank you!

Rochelle

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.