WP Robot Support Forum

WP Robot Support Forum » WP Robot Support

Cloaking ID

(17 posts)
  1. oldrunk

Do you have to do anything more than tick the cloaking box to cloak the clickbank ID...

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. lunatic
    Key Master

Yes, you have to follow the instructions here: http://wprobot.net/blog/how-to-set-up-wp-robot-link-cloaking/

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. oldrunk

I have done all of that & then uploaded it & overwrote it...But when I click on a click bank ad it still has my clickbank name in the link...Am I supposed to see something different now...Kenney
    PS...Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it...

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. lunatic
    Key Master

Yes, the links should read something like yoururl.com/goto/... after enabling link cloaking in the WP Robot options.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. oldrunk

Well I guess I'm completely lost...I have the file uploaded to my htaccess file & have changed the permissions to 777 & have saved it in the permalinks section of my blog & it still has my clickbank username in the url...So what am I doing wrong...Please...I am so bad at this but I am learning I think...

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. lunatic
    Key Master

Actually your links should change immediatelly after ticking the cloak box in WP Robot (just not work without the other setup) - did you make sure to do that?

If you want you can send me a login and I'll have a quick look.

Posted 4 years ago #
  7. oldrunk

This is the error I am getting...

The requested URL /sobriety/wp-content/plugins/WPRobot/cloak.php was not found on this server.

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. lunatic
    Key Master

Well, then it seems like the cloak.php file is missing from your WPRobot folder. Simply reupload the plugin with all files included.

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. oldrunk

I reuploaded it from the plugin I downloaded from wp robot & overwrote the plugin...When I went back to wp robot I unticked the cloak box & saved...then I checked the ad's & my username was there.I then went back & ticked the cloak box back on & saved & when I clicked on an ad I got a 404...I then went to the permalinks & saved...The ad works again but my username is still showing...What do you suggest I try now...Thanx for all your help...Kenney

Posted 4 years ago #
  10. lunatic
    Key Master

Could you send me a login to your blog so I can have a direct look?

Posted 4 years ago #
  11. oldrunk

My url is http://youngmoney.us/blog but if you want to login info please give me an email address so I don't have to post it here ok...

Posted 4 years ago #
  12. lunatic
    Key Master

Just had a look and the cloaked links seem to be working correctly (without your id displayed)? I.e. here: http://youngmoney.us/blog/making-money-from-golf/

Posted 4 years ago #
  13. oldrunk

When I click the link for the ad I get this http://www.moneyforgolf.com/?hop=oldrunk Oldrunk is my clickbank ID...So am I not supposed to see this or am I expecting something that is not going to happen...lol

Posted 4 years ago #
  14. lunatic
    Key Master

No, that is normal. Cloaking will change the url on your blog, not the one you are getting referred to. Leaving this out would mean you get no commission.

Posted 4 years ago #
  15. oldrunk

OK I'm not completely sure what the cloaking is doing...I don't really notice anything...But I don't know what I am looking for...Just curious though...What keeps someone from just changing my ID to someone elses ID that they know...One of those things that make you go Hmmmmm...Thanx for all your help I really appreciate it...Kenney

Posted 4 years ago #
  16. lunatic
    Key Master

Not sure if that would work because the cookie is already saved. Anyways, there is not much we can do because this is just the way Clickbank does things.

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.